Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Aught

Curbing my swearing habit is not going well. My procrastination has caught up with me and I am under a lot of pressure lately. I frequently restrain the impulse to destroy things around me. Anger persists under every emotion. My mood oscillates between fury and boredom, while a laugh can seldom be elicited. I periodically remind myself that my troubles are trivial and largely brought on by myself, while people suffer immeasurably in places I cannot even pronounce. It seems little consolation.

I will leave this town for good the day I finish my last exam. The repetitious routines, interactions, and obligations wear a man down. The joys that come with helping people and repairing their bicycles are few and far between these days. I have worked the same job for over seven years and it is time to say goodbye.

I await the time to load my welding equipment and motorcycle into my truck and disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment